Experienced Commercial Truck Tire Technician
Must have a Valid Driver's license
- Change and repair truck, farm, and heavy equipment tires in the shop and/or at offsite customer locations
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to pay attention to the details of a project or task.
- Raise vehicles using hydraulic jacks.
- Unbolt wheels from vehicles and remove them, using lug wrenches and other hand and power tools.
- Separate tires from wheels, using rubber mallets and metal bars or mechanical tire changers.
- Inspect tire casings for defects, such as holes and tears.
- Seal punctures in tubeless tires by inserting adhesive material and expanding rubber plugs into punctures, using
- Reassemble tires onto wheels.
- Identify and inflate tires correctly for the size and ply.
- Place wheels on balancing machines to determine counterweights required to balance wheels.
- Hammer required counterweights onto rims of wheels.
- Remount wheels onto vehicles.
- Locate punctures in tubeless tires by visual inspection or by immersing inflated tires in water baths and
observing air bubbles.
- Replace valve stems and remove puncturing objects.
- Rotate tires to different positions on vehicles, using hand tools.
- Assist mechanics and perform other duties as directed.
- Inflate inner tubes and immerse them in water to locate leaks.
- Clean sides of whitewall tires.
- Prepare rims and wheel drums for reassembly by scraping, grinding, or sandblasting.